Vacation Home Rentals

Vacation Home Rental Advantages.

A few years back, when the exchange rate EURO vs. US Dollar was favorable, it became obvious for many vacationers that it would be more economical to rent a vacation house instead of staying in a hotel. Some of the reasons are listed below.
Space. You do get more space in a house than you’ll ever get in a hotel. Unless you rent the Presidential Suite in a 5 Star hotel - a house will simply give you more space, hands down. Since homes, at least in the United States are usually big, a house for rent will have several, but at least two bedrooms, a living room, a kitchen, a terrace, one or two garages or parking spaces, a private (heated) pool,  and best of all lots of privacy. If any house you consider does not give you all of the above, don’t rent it. Look and search for all these amenities until you have found what you need.

Privacy. A friend of mine recently stayed at the Crillon in Paris and complaint about turn down service.  Before you can say anything, they stand in the room, ready to re-make you bed, change your towels and provide you with small treats of chocolate or as in the case of Strauss-Kahn even with additional and unexpected service. In a house not even the postman will ring, because there is never any mail. At best your pool boy or the yard people will show to clean your pool, yard or garden, but this usually is announced ahead of time by your renting agent.

Cost. Be smart. A house does not have to be that expensive. Pick a reputable real estate agent and inspect their on-line collections of houses to rent, than choose the one you like and try to negotiate the  rental rate, particular if you stay exceeds one week. Booking a few months before your actual arrival will give you a choice of homes and of the best and lowest offers. Sharing a house with friends reduces cost as well, but at the cost of privacy.  Be aware, that you must put down a deposit on your vacation home when you are ready to make a commitment. Often the deposit is non-refundable, so before paying anything read the small print. Try to avoid  any realtor who does not accept credit card for payments, because if they don't  accept credit cards, paying becomes a hassle and causes additional expenses, if credit cards are not accepted, particular if you envision rentals overseas.

Location. You really have to do your home work here. With today’s tools such as Google maps and street view you can pretty much know what you getting. Google’s street view allows anyone to see what a house looks like; who or what is located next to it and across from it. With free satellite views over particular areas, one can see and locate everything nearby, so you will have no surprise once you move in. It is amazing how many vacation rentals are available in places where people want to spend their vacation. Many people buy homes in top locations with the only purpose to rent them out to vacationers. Some island vacation in the sunshine state have only 20 percent residency, the other 80 percent are all visitors and tourist from somewhere else, staying for a week, two or more.  Some Canadian snowbirds can and do stay up to 6 month outside Canada during the winter season.

Plan ahead. Yes the best properties are always gone way ahead of the time, sometimes even a year before. Consider the exchange rates, economical realities and global conditions. Check the weather; you don't want to start looking for a house at the beginning of any bad weather season. Some American realtors have picked up on the European habit of only renting from Saturday to Saturday. That’s as bad as it gets and if possible you should not agree that someone dictates you when you should move into your vacation home.

Safety. Vacation resorts get most of their tax income from tourists and the money tourists spend. Any or too much criminal activities could seriously erode and destroy a particular regions image for years to come and those small little communities know that. Therefore small towns and cities with most their wealth cemented in the real estate rental and sale businesses, as well as in the tourist business in general are  always on the lookout for bad guys and criminals. Low speed limits, police and sheriffs presence, neighborhood watches and smart traffic regulations, including many dead end streets do a good job keeping any undesirables away.
Summery.  You can’t go wrong with the right house. It’s like having your own home in a beautiful area and living in a rented house for a few weeks or even month, without having to care for it can give you the perfect vacation time of your life. Who knows maybe you move back some day for good?
To start your own real estate and vacation rental business  Domain-inventory offers the following domain names for sale. To make an offer contact us or click on the domain.